A tube or Dow Corning Silicone rubber sealant (Instant gasket)
A high grade silicone sealant
Dow corning Auto is a RTV silicone rubber sealant ideal for sealing leaking windscreens and making permanent replacement instant gaskets. It forms a tough, water resistant rubber seal that will not shrink, crack or discolour and will withstand temperature extremes from -55c to +150c.
Dow corning Auto is ideal for making permanent instan gaskets, sealing lapms, leaking water hoses, windscreens and windows, water-proofing electrical junctions and curing vibration & noise problems.
Cars & Motorcycles: Crankcase covers, thermostat holdings, rocker box cover, water pumps, timing chain covers, sideplates, relay covers, solenoid covers.
Marine: Engine gaskets (inboard or outboard), water seals, bilge pumps etc. Instant gasket is not affected by sea water.
Instructions for use
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease. Surfaces can be cleaned using methylated spirits applied to a tissue or cloth before applying Dow Corning Auto sealant.
- Remove nozzle, cut off end of plastic cartridge and screw on nozzle.
- Cut tip of the nozzle to required width to seal. To apply sealant, insert black plunger into base of cartridge and press.
- Press tip of the nozzle against joint and hold cartridge at a 45 degree angle.
- Push the cartridge while applying a steady, even pressure to the black plunger in the base. Ensure that a bead of sealant makes contact with both surfaces whilst still uncured
- Smooth any inconsistancies to the finished bead with a wet instrument such as a spoon or spatula. Smooth surfaces lightly ensuring sealant makes contact with both surfaces whilst still uncured
- Any excess or misapplied sealant should be removed whilst still uncured using a tissue or cloth soaked in methylated spirits. Cured silicone may be removed using a sharp blade or alternatively by applying Geocel Silicone Sealant remover to the affected area.
- After completing the application, ensure that the sealant is kept dry and undisturbed for at least 12 hours. The sealant will form a tough, water tight rubber seal that remains flexible.
- When using Dow Corning Auto Sealant as an instant gasket, follow instructions for use listed above.
- To enable components to be dismantled at a later date, apply a light coating of oil to both surfaces after cleaning has been completed.
- Dow Corning Auto should be applied to one surface only. The bead should be 1.5mm – 3mm thick.
- Ensure that the bead is spread evenly, conforming to surface shape. Torque down immediately.
- When the sealant has completely cured (12 hours) excess may be trimmed away with a sharp blade.
- The engine may be run as soon as the job as been completed – before the sealant is fully cured.
Free next day delivery - UK Mainland only
If you require any assistance, or would like to ask any questions, please click below
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: